What are You Cooking the Week of January 13, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of January 13, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I'll be making Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning for our Sunday dinner.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Just canned soup and grilled cheese sandwich.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Tuna on biscuits here, my wife wanted 'something to warm her up'.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had chicken-n-rice,garden peas and a salad just lettuce and tomatoes stirred up with mayonnaise.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We're both recovering from colds, so we had chicken soup.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Tuesday's dinner was a stir-fry using leftover pork chops that my husband cooked last night (along with the drippings), buckwheat noodles, red bell pepper, broccoli; mushrooms, celery, green onion, and parsley. I needed to use up all the vegetables in the refrigerator.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Yesterday we had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

chocomouse
                  Participant

We have a major building project going on here (a new sugarhouse) and I am trying to keep the construction crew warm and happy. I've made chili, bean soup, and today am making baked beans. I also made buns and Special K peanut butter bars. And, I made mushroom soup, for myself.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

Yesterday I made a very thin crust pizza. I normally add some whole wheat and rye to my pizza dough (about 40% total, give or take) but I have some KAF Italian style flour that is a little past it's best by date, so I'm making a push to use it up and used 100% that. The dough from that flour can be rolled out really thin. I topped it with some left over roast beef and thin sliced onion. It came out pretty good.

Today I will have the last of my left over roast beef with mashed redskins and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had left over black eyed peas,rice and a smoked pork chop.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf,baked potato and broccoli & cheese.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had salmon and potatoes roasted on the grill, green beans, and green salad. Had to use the grill before we get the 3 feet of snow predicted for Saturday into Sunday. I hope any of you who are in the storm pathway stay safe inside and enjoy good food and drink!

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

While we wait to see if we actually get any snow tonight (the original forecast was 3-5 inches, it's been downgraded more than once already; we're getting some freezing mist but I don't think it's actually snowing yet), we had spaghetti and cheese toast for supper.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We've been downgraded too, now it's only 2 feet predicted. We have a generator ready to hook up. And my son, who lives about 15 minutes away, just got his Tesla batteries hooked up to his solar panels and house today - so he is ready for a power loss. We can always go there to get warm or take showers. The food in the freezer will be fine if we move it to the porch; it's screened in so the wolves and coyotes are not likely to get at it. Past experience has shown that with all the hype, we'll probably get just a couple of inches!

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had beef and bean (left over refried beans from taco salad) enchiladas,rolled in corn tortillas,topped with enchilada sauce and cheese,baked for about 25 min. and I topped mine with a spoonful of sour cream.Quick,easy and good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.