What are You Cooking the Week of August 26, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of August 26, 2018?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Navlys I love breakfast for supper!We had a chef salad with tomatoes,cheese,eggs,beets,onion, turkey and ham with saltine crackers and homemade 1000 Island.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I made beef-a-roni with my homegrown tomato sauce.

BakerAunt
        Participant

The grocery had pork tenderloins on sale this week, so for Friday’s dinner, I made my Maple-Glazed tenderloin roast. To accompany it, I made mashed potatoes from Deseree potatoes (apparently the most popular variety in Europe) that I bought at the farmers’ market on Tuesday. I made rough, mashed potatoes and left the skins on. I used just a bit of butter and half and half. Steamed green beans and sliced tomatoes rounded out the meal.

Note: I've corrected the name of the potato in this post.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: correction
          navlys
          Participant

I bought baby back ribs on sale and baked them with rub in foil at 350 for 2 1/2 hrs and then sauced them and baked them a little longer. They were superb! I also discovered that they were not the usual "onsale" (Smithfield) brand. They were the "Swift" brand and they were not fatty but meaty. I've purchased so called "xtra meaty" ribs and nothing compares to these.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Ribs sound good Navlys!
              BakerAunt I agree you always cook and bake healthy!
              Tonight I marinated boneless chicken breasts which I had pounded with cast iron meat mallet that was my Granddaddy's has prongs on one side for cubing and the other looks like a hatchet with wooden handle my favorite thing in my kitchen that's really old.I marinated them in Italian dressing with lemon juice and honey then put in cast iron fry pan with a little butter and the marinade with thinly sliced onions cooked till all the sauce was gone and it was really good!Tender and juicy,with that we had a baked potato and corn.

navlys
              Participant

I like your method of cooking chicken. Maybe i’ll Try it.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Joan--It is so neat to cook with tools that have been in the family for so many years. (Hmm--maybe this could be a thread topic?)

I agree with Navlys--your chicken sounds great!

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

It was really good even my picky husband liked it,very moist and juicy.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I put a small pork roast on the BBQ today.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.