What are you cooking the week of August 12, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of August 12, 2018?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's a thread for this week's non-baking kitchen activities.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Sunday dinner is roasted chicken legs, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with poultry seasoning and sweet curry. Side dishes are leftover potato salad and steamed broccoli. We also sliced our first ripe tomato from the garden.

navlys
        Participant

We had grilled burgers. The meat is mixed with a little corn syrup. (this is a repeat.) We grilled 6 burgers and will simply microwave the individually wrapped burgers at another time. They taste almost as good microwaving them as they do coming off the grill. This time I tried sweet pepper sauce on my burger and it was dee..licious! I purchased the sauce at a local farmers market.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Burgers sound interesting Navlys.We've been on sandwich kick here again bologna and cheese.

BakerAunt
            Participant

My husband cooked boneless pork chops last night. We had it with macaroni and cheese made with the Vermont Cheese Powder that only KAF sells. Sigh. We also had steamed broccoli. Tonight, we will re-run last night's dinner, but with peas from the freezer.

This Wednesday afternoon, I made peach jam. Details are on the canning thread.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For Friday’s dinner, I made a pork-vegetable stir-fry with buckwheat noodles and used the drippings saved from when the pork chops were cooked earlier this week. We have enough left over for dinner tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by BakerAunt.
                Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had old stand by of Taco Salad.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For lunch on Saturday, I had my first Bacon-Tomato sandwich of the season. There will be many more.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Love bacon and tomato sandwich BakerAunt!We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.