What are you Baking the Week of September 1, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of September 1, 2024?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    skeptic7
    Participant

BakerAunt;
      you could also try dividing the dough into three parts and then cut each part into quarters. I think they mean that you should cut the dough into quarters but then seperate the quarterly slightly say 1/4 inch apart so that the cut edges won't get as brown as if they were spread apart.

I made Taiwanese Bao again from the KAF recipe. It turned out better than the last time but still flatter than I would like. I increased the baking powder to 1/2 tsp instead of 1/4 tsp and it had a nice holely texture. I think it was too soft and next time I might add more flour.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Thank you, Skeptic. I had decided that I might divide the dough in half next time, then quarter it. And I agree: I should have left the quarters together for baking.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I made two loaves of banana bread today and I'm giving one to each of my sister in law's.

IMG_1275

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          RiversideLen
          Participant

I haven't had banana bread in a long time, yours look good, Joan.

I made rye bread (buns) today from the recipe I have posted here. I made the starter last night and pre measured the other dry ingredients so it came together pretty quickly today. I made 9 buns and had one for lunch, fresh out of the oven. They came out pretty good. I haven't made these in a long time.

Rye-Buns

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            skeptic7
            Participant

The buns look wonderful!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.