What are You Baking the Week of November 26, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of November 26, 2017?

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Saturday was our big bake sale so I made 2 cranberry almond coffee cakes in the Nordic Ware wreath pan. They came out perfectly! I also made one gluten-free Caribbean rum cake and one regular Caribbean rum cake. I had grand plans to bake more, but time got away from me. I started a new job with the same company last week and was finishing up at best th other jobs. And, as co-chair of the Bake Sale I had to be there for set up day and day of. It was fun n and successful but I’m glad it’s over for now.

As for the cakes, I spoke with King Arthur abut the GF cake and it should reach a temp between 200 & 210, preferably 210. Since our kitchens at work use vegalene, I bought a can from KAF - it was cheaper than Amazon and it has no silicone to leave a sticky residue - it didnt. I dusted all the pans with alm9nd flour - the rum cake called for it and it replaced the chopped almonds in the coffee cake. I reheated the rum cakes slightly before turning them out and they turned out easily. All sold except for the regular rum cake - we had so many to sell we had quite a few left over. Since I have another friend who wanted one for her family, I bough5 it back at half price and stuck it in my freezer for her. Less expensive than another bottle of rum!

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.