What are you baking the week of March 18th, 2018?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you baking the week of March 18th, 2018?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Beautiful pie RiversideLen.Today I baked a loaf of Banana Bread,it was that or I'd have to freeze them.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Riverside Len--It's always the season for pumpkin pie! My recipe, adapted from my Mom, uses brown sugar.

Today I baked Cinnamon-Apple Bars [the recipe adds with Peanut Butter Glaze] from KAF's Whole Grain Baking, pp. 345-346. I again reduced the light brown sugar from 1 1/3 to 1 1/8 cup, and the salt from 1 1/2 tsp to 1/2 tsp. (I keep thinking the salt amount must be a mistake.) Instead of the spices listed, I used 2 tsp. of Penzey's Apple Spice blend, which was a freebie from Penzey's. I added 1/4 cup chopped pecans and 1 Tbs. flax meal to the batter.

I line the pan with parchment, so that I can lift the cooled bars out and cut them on a board. I had baked this recipe about a month ago, and I noted at the time that the Peanut Butter Glaze was too strong; it was like eating peanut butter fudge--none of the bar flavor came through. This time I used 1 cup of KAF glazing sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 3 Tbs. heavy cream. I spread it over the cooled, uncut bars. It should be set in time for dessert tonight.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by BakerAunt.
      Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.