What are you Baking the week of April 8, 2018?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the week of April 8, 2018?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Chocomouse, it's great to see you back baking in the kitchen!

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Chocomouse happy you're up and about in the kitchen and praying all is well!

Tonight I made up another loaf of sourdough,this time I did 2-cups white ap flour and 1-cup ww flour.

My left eye started hurting this week and thought I had something in it.I thought it would work out,when it didn't get any better I went to eye doctor and I have shingles in my eye.It has been one hurting thing let me tell you.Felt like I had a knife in my eye.2 sets of eye drops and antibiotics pills and I'm lots better now.Still on meds for another week.Doctor said I had a blister on my eye close to the cornea.I was so thankful for relief.Never had shingles before and pray I don't get them again.Life goes on- big smile!

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I had a case of shingles a few years ago, but it was fairly mild.

As soon as I could, I got the shingles vaccine.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I am going to make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies later today using Callebaut semisweet callets. (I just got done roasting the bones for my beef stock, the oven needs to lose that meat smell first.)

BakerAunt
            Participant

Today I made another batch of Cherry Granola (recipe on this site). We are going through it much more quickly now that my husband has decided that he likes to snack on it. (So much for Mr. "I can't eat coconut.")

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

The real test will be how they are tomorrow, but the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies made with the Callebaut 811 callets are very good.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Yesterday I made French style rolls. I used a little semolina and equal parts white whole wheat and KAF French style flour. They came out pretty good.

Today I made brownies from a box (Ghirardelli's). I added 3/4 cups rolled oats and upped the liquid by a half cup (used a combination of brewed coffee and milk). It makes the crumb more cake like then brownie like, but I like it that way. I topped it with Heath Toffee bits and pecans. I am a happy camper at the moment.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

My motto is: Add some oats, and it is health food! ๐Ÿ™‚

cwcdesign
                    Participant

Oh Joan, I'm so sorry - shingles are nasty and so close to your eye! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Since my mom had shingles for a second time last year I got the "old" shingles vaccine. My doctor has given me a prescription for the new one, but he told me to see if my insurance covers it yet and if not, to wait until it does.

navlys
                      Participant

The "fresh loaf" eggless banana bread recipe worked! I had to use a little coconut oil packet from TJ's to supplement oil and I had to supplement flour with bisquick and replace vanilla with maple syrup and bake it forever but it turned out beautifully!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.