Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf with Peach-Dijon Mustard Glaze

Home Forums Recipes Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf with Peach-Dijon Mustard Glaze

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf with Peach-Dijon Mustard Glaze.

This recipe is adapted from a Bon Appetit Recipe (September 1998), titled Turkey and Zucchini Meat Loaf, that subsequently was posted online at Epicurious. I've adapted the original recipe significantly, partly to make it more nutritious, and so have re-titled it, which also spotlights the wonderful glaze. I used a pound rather than 1-1/4 pounds of ground turkey, because that was how it was sold. I deleted 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and used fresh garlic. I reduced the onion from 3/4 cups, and I sautéed it, and the garlic, in olive oil before adding to the mixture. I added the flax meal, and I substituted quick oats for an equal amount of bread crumbs. I reduced the salt from 1 tsp. I added the Penzey's Adobo seasoning. In the glaze, I reduced the Dijon mustard from 4 tsp. to 1 Tbs.

1/2 Cup chopped onion

1 minced clove garlic

1 pound ground turkey

1 Cup coarsely grated zucchini

1 large egg

1/2 Cup quick oats (old-fashioned oats will likely give a chewy texture)

2 Tbs. flax meal

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. Penzey's Adobo seasoning

freshly ground black pepper

1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley

Glaze: 1/4 Cup peach preserves AND 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 350F. Saute onion in olive oil in small frying pan until lightly browned. Add minced garlic and saute 30 seconds more.

Combine rest of the ingredients (except for those for the glaze) in a large bowl. Add onions and garlic. Combine well. Spray a small shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. (I used a 9x8x1-1/2-inch Emile Henry rectangular ceramic baker. A rimmed baking sheet would work as well, but you might want to line it with parchment for an easier clean-up.) Shape meatloaf mixture into a 8x4x2-inch loaf in the baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.

Make the glaze by whisking together the peach preserves and the Dijon mustard. At the end of the 40 minute baking time, remove loaf from oven. Spread glaze over top. Return loaf to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes. [The original recipe says to bake to 165F, but I judged by how it looked.]

Note: If you have it, homemade peach preserves are particularly nice with this recipe.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.