Salmon Patties

Home Forums Recipes Salmon Patties

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I adapted this recipe from one I found on the internet, which was attributed to Laura Tutor, the features editor of The Anniston Star, an Alabama newspaper. Although you can use nonfat or lowfat yogurt, I think that the thickness of the Greek yogurt makes a less crumbly patty. You can vary the seasonings to what you like: minced garlic, chives, parsley, dill.

Salmon Patties

1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
      1 egg
      1/3 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
      1 tsp. brown mustard or Dijon mustard
      1 tsp. Penzey's Mural Seasoning (it's salt free)
      freshly ground black pepper

1 (15 oz.) can salmon, drained, and backbones removed; flaked
      1/2 Cup Panko bread crumbs
      1 Tbs. ground flax meal

In medium bowl, whisk together first six ingredients. Add salmon, panko and flax meal. Gently mix into ingredients.

Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop and form into patties (8-9) on waxed paper. If you use separate squares of waxed paper, it is easier to move them to the skillet later. These should not be too thick. At this point, they can be covered and refrigerated for several hours before cooking, or you can go ahead and cook them.

Heat a large nonstick skillet (room for four at a time) with a little grapeseed oil (holds up well to high heat and has a neutral flavor). Over medium heat, cook four patties at a time, 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and heated through.

Leftovers, hot or cold, are good on hamburger buns.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.