Rye Flakes

Home Forums General Discussions Rye Flakes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband and I were stuck in South Bend for most of yesterday because my Subaru had its third recall and just like last time, the dealership insisted that it would be most of the day--and it was. That means we had to take two cars up, not to mention bringing along the dog.

To try to make virtue of necessity, we did a little shopping. (BTW, I found 4 oz. Nielsen-Massy vanilla at T.J. Maxx for $11.99.) We stopped at Whole Foods because I had hoped to be able to find rye flakes. Hah! Pretentious does not even fully describe that store. I was last in a WF about six or seven years ago in Lubbock, TX, and it had a variety of ingredients for the do-it-yourselfer. Not this store! The flour selection was small and overpriced, as were the grains and the dried beans. While I would have bought overpriced rye flakes, they were not to be found. The store was clearly focused on ready to eat products, some with dubious health claims. I will not be going back.

I will need to turn to the internet for rye flakes. To think that they were easily found in health food stores in the 1990s and early 21st century. Sigh.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

All in all great find on the vanilla!I've not been in our T.J.Maxx in awhile.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I have always been underwhelmed by Whole Foods, and it hasn't gotten better since it was purchased by Amazon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.