Remarkable Fudge by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes Remarkable Fudge by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Remarkable Fudge
      Submitted by cwalde on January 29, 2007 at 4:24 pm

This fudge is a great recipe that I tried last year from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. It's easy and very creamy--just what I like. I will make it over and over. Cheryl

4 cups sugar
      2 5-oz. cans (1 1/3 c total) evaporated milk
      1 cup butter
      1 12-oz. pkg. (2c) semisweet chocolate pieces
      1 7-oz. dark chocolate or milk chocolate candy bar, cut up (I use the candy bar)
      1 7-oz. jar marshmallow creme
      1 cup chopped walnuts
      1 tsp. vanilla

Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
      Butter sides of a heavy 3 qt. saucepan. In saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat till mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium, continue cooking and stirring for 10 minutes.

Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate pieces, cut-up chocolate bar (if desired), marshmallow creme, walnuts, and vanilla. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is combined. Beat by hand for 1 minute. Spread in the prepared pan.

Score into 1 inch squares while warm. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into squares. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. Makes about 4 pounds (96 pieces).

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.