Pizza Dough or Breadsticks by Reagan

Home Forums Recipes Pizza Dough or Breadsticks by Reagan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Pizza Dough or Breadsticks
      Submitted by reagan on February 21, 2004 at 11:25 am

This recipe will make 2 pizzas, or approximately 24 breadsticks. When making the dough for breadsticks I add Ital. seasonings, or garlic and herbs.

1 T. yeast
      1 T. sugar
      1 3/4 cups of tepid water
      Approximately 6 cups flour
      1 T. salt (I use Kosher)
      1/4 cup olive oil

Dissolve yeast, sugar and water in large bowl. Cover and let stand for approximately 10 minutes or longer. The mixture should turn bubbly/foamy in appearance.

Mix in 1 cup of flour, salt, and the olive oil. If using a mixer use the dough hook for incorporating the rest of the flour. Incorporate flour one cup at a time; knead into a soft ball.

Place dough in lightly greased bowl and cover. Once the dough has doubled in size, punch down. Cover the dough and let rest for 10 minutes.

Proceed with rolling out pizza dough or making breadsticks.

Breadsticks: seasonings may be added to the dough and worked in at this time before cutting and rolling out. I use a breadstick pan when making these. Once rolled out, cover and let rest for about 20-30 minutes. This is a good time to turn on the oven and pre-heat. Pizza temperature should be 450 degrees and breadsticks 375 degrees. The breadsticks take about 15 minutes to bake.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.