Peachy Keen Muffins

Home Forums Recipes Peachy Keen Muffins

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Peachy Keen Muffins makes 12 regular or 6 large

Marliss Desens made major changes to "Just Peachy Peach Muffins," from King Arthur.

2 ¼ cup white whole wheat flour 2 peaches, diced but not peeled
      2 Tbs. flax meal
      2 Tbs. milk powder 1 egg
      ¼ tsp. salt 1/3 cup canola oil
      1 tsp. baking powder ¾ cup buttermilk
      1 tsp. baking soda
      ½ cup light brown sugar Optional: coarse sparkling sugar
      1 tsp. cinnamon
      ¼ (heaping) tsp. allspice
      ¼ tsp. nutmeg

Grease a 12-cup or large 6-cup muffin pan, or line with muffin papers spritzed with no-stick spray. Preheat oven to 375 F, with rack in center

In a 4-qt. bowl, combine dry ingredients in the first column and stir well. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, and buttermilk.

Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the egg mixture and combine gently with a Danish whisk until mostly incorporated. Add the peaches, and carefully use a spatula to incorporate them.

Divide the thick batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle the top with coarse sparkling sugar, if desired. Bake for 25 minutes for large muffins and a bit less for smaller ones. Allow to cool briefly, then remove the muffins to a rack to cool.

What I Changed: I made a half recipe but adjusted the ¼ plus 2 Tbs. of oil with 1/3 cup of oil. I replaced milk with buttermilk and adjusted it from ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. to ¾ cup of buttermilk. I replaced AP flour with white whole wheat. I reduced the salt from ½ plus 1/8 tsp. to ¼ tsp. I halved the brown sugar and used light instead of dark. I deleted 2 tsp. of vanilla, as it is not needed. I added 2 Tbs milk powder and 2 Tbs. flax meal. I intended to adjust the baking powder from 2 ¼ tsp. to 1 ¼ tsp. and add ¼ tsp. baking soda, but I accidentally added 1 tsp. baking soda, so I then added 1 tsp. baking powder. The muffins came out well, so I will leave the error.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.