Mini-funnels

Home Forums Sources Mini-funnels

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

I'm not in the habit of posting about a product unless someone is seeking one about which I know. Nevertheless, I want to bring these mini-funnels to your attention. I've only seen them at Vermont Country Store. I find the smallest one especially helpful for the dishwasher. The opening for JetDry in my dishwasher is quite small. Before these funnels, I wasted a lot of JetDry that squirted onto the inside of the dishwasher door. Now, with the smallest funnel and careful pouring, I no longer waste the rinse agent.
      https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/mini-stainless-steel-funnel-3-piece-set/product/83387

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I have a small funnel I sometimes use when filling the rinse agent dispenser, but it tends to get buried in a drawer, and not always the same one.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I have a set of small funnel cups up to a cup size but mine are plastic I use them lots making my hummingbird nectar mostly.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Thanks for posting about the mini-funnels, Italian Cook. I buy my Penzey's spices by the bag, and getting them into the jars is not always easy. I think that these funnels would solve that problem. I just wish that Vermont Country Store did not have such a high minimum for free shipping.

Italiancook
            Participant

I agree with you about the free shipping at Vermont Country Store, BakerAunt. I checked for shipping information on their website this morning. I thought they might have a breakdown by order cost, but they don't. They say to call or chat online to obtain shipping cost before placing order.

Mike has a good point about the small funnel. The Vermont Country Store mini-funnels nest, so I keep them near the edge of a top cupboard shelf. The problem that arises is that if my husband empties the dishwasher, he doesn't remember where the mini-funnel goes. He'll put it in a drawer -- any drawer. I solved this problem by pulling out the mini-funnel from the clean dishes before he empties the dishwasher. This way, it never ends up in a drawer.

BakerAunt, as I recall you have purchased from Tuesday Morning in the past. Perhaps you've read, as I have, that they're closing all their stores and going out of business. I wish this weren't so. My Tuesday Morning sold beautiful paper napkins with a variety of designs. I could always find some to complement the theme for church-related luncheons. Their napkins were so lovely that I never considered using linen napkins.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Italian Cook: Yes, I was sad to hear that Tuesday Morning is closing, even though for the past seven years I have lived too far away to shop there except for when we were near one on our travels. I found many kitchen treasures there over the years and explored some food products that I might not have otherwise tried. I agree with you about their lovely napkins, some of which came from Germany and featured lovely botanicals. I bought matching napkins and dessert plates from Tuesday Morning for our wedding reception, with a friend scoring some for me from the TM in her area. I bought my countertop oven there as well as my yogurt maker.

I had thought, beginning about seven years ago that TM was selling a lot less high-end items and more of the kind of home items that Hobby Lobby carries, but it was still possible to find some great deals, such as the Kitchen Aid rimmed baking sheet that I found when we were on vacation in Florida that I needed for cooking in the rental place where we stayed. It is the small rimmed baking sheet that I reach for the most.

navlys
                Participant

BA , I think you went to the same TM that I did in Florida! I bought quite a few things there including a baking pan and some mini oven mitts. When I stopped by this year it was very bare. I think all the TM's were different based on location. The one where we lived in Maryland was the pits. Anyway I really liked the Florida location at one time. Of course it is (was) next door to a Home Goods a Five Below and Kirklands!

BakerAunt
                  Participant

The one that I went to, Navlys, was in Indian Rocks. It was in the same shopping center as a smaller Walmart store, so when we grocery shopped, I could say to my husband, "Let me just go look around...." I even carted back some food from there to Indiana.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.