Mason Jar Lid Tomato Pie

Home Forums Baking โ€” Savory Mason Jar Lid Tomato Pie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Ken Haedrich has a follow-up to his mason jar ring mini-pies (see under desserts). This one is a savory mini-tomato pie. It would be handy for tomato season!

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Very cool! Thanks BA!

chocomouse
        Participant

I've saved this out to make in August with garden fresh tomatoes! Thanks for posting it! I might try it with zucchini, or eggplant!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

It'd be interesting with ratatouille. I didn't plant any eggplants or zucchini, but I did put in 16 tomato plants a week ago, though I had to replace 4 of them yesterday.

aaronatthedoublef
            Participant

I know in the video that the Pie Man takes the pies out of the rings but what do you all think about serving them in the rings? Kind rustic for the hipster crowd.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Serving them in the rings would likely get you chopped on Chopped. ๐Ÿ™‚

aaronatthedoublef
                Participant

And that's a bad thing because...

It would be for the people who buy Mason jars with handles on them.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I can see the Martha Stewart crowd going for serving them in the Mason jar rings as part of the "I am more rustic than thou" attitude.

chocomouse
                    Participant

I actually wouldn't even use the mason jar rings. I have two of the so-called 'burger bun" pans that I use for tarts, muffins, mini-cakes and lots of other interesting goodies. Each well is 4" diameter, and I found a 6" circle cutter (like a cookie cutter) which cuts a rolled out crust the perfect size for lining a well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.