Krispy Kreme Flagship Store

Home Forums General Discussions Krispy Kreme Flagship Store

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant
      chocomouse
      Participant

I saw that too, Baker Aunt. Glad it's not near me! I got Krispy Kreme donuts in Maine last week, so I'm good until we return there at the end of July. Then I can survive until I get to Erie PA at the end of August! Then I'll have to suffer until February.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I remember when Krispy Kreme stock debuted on the NYSE, they parked a food truck outside the NYSE building and gave them away all day.

There's a Krispy Kreme in Lincoln, but I've never been there. I find their donuts are usually a little too greasy and unless you get them when they're hot, too sticky-sweet.

aaronatthedoublef
          Participant

I'm with Mike. If they're not hot and fresh they are not worth the calories. That was also the problem with the initial Krispy Kreme expansion when they started selling them outside their stores. Their main marketing differentiation was that they were hot and fresh. Once you sell them of a super market shelf that goes away and they are not very different from any of the other doughnuts there.

We have a doughnut shop here and we've went to a couple in Portland OR last year including Voodoo Doughnuts. I am not a fan of the current trend of plopping everything onto a doughnut. If you make a good, simple doughnut it should be able to stand on its own.

It is surprisingly hard to find a good doughnut here.

BakerAunt
            Participant

There are no good doughnuts in my town either, but then I should not be eating them anyway. Sigh.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We have a couple doughnut shops here.One old one called Dixie Cream Doughnuts are excellent and we have 2 Daylight Doughnuts they are OK,we seldom ever get either one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.