Keto-Friendly Vanilla Ice Cream

Home Forums Recipes Keto-Friendly Vanilla Ice Cream

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Keto-Friendly Vanilla Ice Cream

This is an adaptation of the recipe that came with my Krups ice cream maker, which has a 1 1/2 quart capacity. Chill the bowl in the freezer for at least 24 hours. Because it is made with cream instead of milk, it is very rich, but that makes it delicious.

1/4 cup heavy cream

3/4 cup water

1/2 cup allulose

2 eggs

2 cups heavy cream

2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use vanilla bean crush extract)

Heat the 1/4 cup of cream and water but not to boiling. Whisk the two eggs with the allulose powder until well-combined. Slowly add the warmed cream/water to the eggs, then pour everything back in the pan and cook on low/medium heat, stirring continuously, until it starts to thicken. It won't get very thick, but don't let it boil. Cool to room temperature, then add the cream and the vanilla and stir to combine. It is best to chill it overnight before churning it.

After churning it will still be soft, so transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze overnight.

Nutritional information: According to Nutritionix a 52 gram scoop is 11 grams of fat, 1 gram protein, 0.9 grams carbs and 110 calories.. (Nutritionix doesn't have allulose in its food database, but your body can't digest it, so I just leave it out of my food log entirely.)

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.