Italiancook Update

Home Forums General Discussions Italiancook Update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

Hello, All. A couple of notes about what happened during my hiatus from this site:

(1) I discovered a revolutionary muffin/cupcake liner. A comment had been posted on KAF blog page about PaperChef Parchment liners. The manufacturer's website has a list of stores that sell them. I found them at Sur la Table and Target (online). They're pricey, but they eliminate greasing tins or spraying liners. I love this invention.

I have a banana muffin recipe that says to not use liners; grease tins only. But with this PaperChef product, the liners work great. The downside is that the liners pull away from the baked muffins when pulled from oven. They don't adhere tightly, as traditional liners do. I'm unsure how I'd feel about this if I were taking them to a function, but for home use, I am pleased to have this product in my pantry. I've only used them for muffins. I haven't tried them with cupcakes yet. https://www.paperchef.com/

(2) I read on this site a post about jennycancook.com. Regrets for not recalling who first posted about it. I've been baking her recipes. Hubby and I are especially fond of her Buttermilk Spice Cake. We also like her Blueberry Coffee Cake. Both I'll make often. Actually, we have liked all her baked goods. They're not too sweet, and some of them use oil instead of butter.

Twice, I've made a Martha Stewart soup called, "Customizable Vegetable Soup." I make it with turnips, acorn squash with peel on, green beans, broccoli, Swiss Chard, & 3/4 cup mixture of orzo and white rice. The recipe calls for using cooked pasta or rice, but I never have the cooked items. Using fresh makes the soup a little thick, but that's the way I prefer soup. I make it with water, and it's delicious. I serve this with grated Parm on top. The downside is that there's a lot of chopping & it doesn't make enough for the freezer to suit me, so I double the recipe . . . which of course means more chopping. https://www.marthastewart.com/1532404/versatile-vegetable-soup

I've been reading your posts, although I wasn't posting. I'm current on what you've been doing. Now, you know what I've been up to in the kitchen.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Italiancook.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Welcome back!

BakerAunt
        Participant

It's so nice to see you posting again, Italian Cook.

Riverside Len is the once who introduced us to the jennycancook.com site. It's great.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Glad to see you back Italian Cook.

S_Wirth
            Participant

Nice to have you back with us, Italiancook! I always enjoy your posts.

Italiancook
              Participant

Thanks for the warm welcome, Everyone.

Italiancook
                Participant

Update on the PaperChef Parchment liners. Previously, I had only used them on my go-to muffins, which are small. Now that I've made Blueberry-Nectarine Muffins, which are larger, I'm thinking the size of the muffin might determine when the liners pull away from the sides. With the larger muffins, the liners adhered to the muffin sides. Regardless, I really like this product.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.