Interesting Apple Article

Home Forums General Discussions Interesting Apple Article

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

Here is a link to an article on Honeycrisp apples and a mention of Cosmic Crisp apples:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-curse-of-the-honeycrisp-apple?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Thanks, SWirth, that is an interesting article. I didn't know anything about the background and development of this apple. I don't buy Honeycrisp for that very reason -- not worth the higher price. I think Fuji or Gala is just as tasty.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Fuji and Gala are good apples, but Honecrisp is a better apple, and so is Cosmic Crisp. Gala has a thicker skin than Honeycrisp (so much so that I almost always peel it) and Fuji is a bit sourer, though if you like a tart apple it is great. SweeTango is similar to Honeycrisp but has more sweetness up front and more of a tart aftertaste, which can be surprising.

But $3.99 a pound for apples is pretty steep, and I'll often go with Fuji or Braeburn instead. I strongly recommend peeling Braeburn.

(Almost ANYTHING would be better than Red Delicious, and even Granny Smith has gotten mediocre lately.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.