I think the egg crisis is over

Home Forums General Discussions I think the egg crisis is over

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I just bought an 18-pack of large eggs for 88 cents. Yeah, it's a 3 day sale, but that's still the cheapest I've seen them in over a year.

Must be time to make some things that use lots of eggs.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Hmm. The best price that I've had is 99 cents for a dozen at Walgreens. Of course, I do have to go through several cartons to make sure that I'm not getting any that are broken.

Here in Indiana, I paid $1.69 for an 18-pack.

Now, what is up with butter? I think it was around $3.60 for the Walmart brand, and the local grocery is at around $4.50. I'm tempted to buy the 2 pound roll of butter and put it in a tight sealing container, and just weight as I need it.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I definitely shop based on what's on sale where. Fortunately, I have two of the major regional grocery chains plus a WalMart nearby with a Sams a bit further away.

I find WalMart almost never has the low price on either butter or eggs, and they don't tend to go on sale there, either. Butter was $2.99 the other day at HyVee, but it was $1.99 on sale a couple of weeks ago, and this week they had eggs on sale.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.