How-To Thaw Coffee Cake?

Home Forums Baking — Desserts How-To Thaw Coffee Cake?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

What's the best way to thaw a coffee cake that's frozen in a glass Pyrex dish? I'm thinking: Thaw it overnight on kitchen counter. Then heat, covered in a 170 degree to 200 degree oven for 15-20 minutes? What part of this idea is correct, and what is wrong? Which would be better, a 170 degree oven, or a 200 degree oven, for how long? Thanks!

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

When I freeze breads or muffins, I thaw them wrapped on the counter overnight. I think it would be the same for a coffee cake in a glass dish.

I'm not sure about reheating, but it seems to be that those temperatures might be too low. Maybe someone else has some experience?

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I think I'd leave it out for at least an hour before putting it in the oven. I tend to use low temperatures, like 140, for reheating breads and rolls, including sweet rolls, or drying out bread cubes. If it's wrapped in foil, I'd leave the foil on. 10-15 minutes ought to be enough.

Italiancook
          Participant

Thanks, BakerAunt & Mike. Interesting about ovens -- Mike, my oven won't go down to 140. The lowest it will go is 170.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.