How to include a picture with your recipe (or with any post)

Home Forums General Discussions How to include a picture with your recipe (or with any post)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's a quick guide to including a picture with your recipe, or any post.

Type in your post, then scroll down to the 'Attachments:' section and click on the 'Select File' button.

Select the picture you want to upload. (It must be no larger than 512K.)

If you want to upload more than one file, the 'Add another file' link will bring the 'Select File' button back up.

When you're done, click on the 'Submit' button.

A small version (not quite a thumbnail) of your picture will show at the end of your post, clicking on it will enlarge it to full size.

By the way, this is Patches. She's about 15 years old and often sleeps on my desk during the day. Sometimes she'll wake up, walk across my desk--knocking off anything she can-- and climb up on my chest/shoulder for a few minutes of attention, then saunter back to the desk and go back to sleep.

If you want to have the picture at full size in the middle of your post, you'll have to upload it somewhere else and use the 'img' bbcode tag at the top of the text box to place it where you want it.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Mike: My husband talked me through copying a picture. I then tried to upload that picture with Grandma A's Ranch Hand Bread, but the attachment stayed as an attachment rather than as a picture. (If clicked on, it will come up, but it does not appear with the recipe.) I must be missing a step.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I think the reason it's coming up as an attachment rather than a small version of your picture is that what you posted is a docx (Word) file, not a graphic (JPG, GIF, etc.)

It's probably has to do with how you web-scraped it from KAF, which means you'll need an extra step or two to get it to upload as an image.

Another thing I just discovered is that only logged-in users can see attachments, whereas -IMG- links work for anyone.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
          • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.