Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of June 19, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) Did You Cook Anything Interesting the Week of June 19, 2016?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I'm enjoying reading the cooking posts, and I'm impressed with how many people use leftovers as springboards for other meals. I did a bit of that this week. My husband roasted a turkey breast on Sunday, so I did not need to do any cooking until Tuesday, when I used some of the leftover meat and juices to make turkey with noodles and vegetables. Tonight, I made my Mom's Hamburger Stroganoff, using ground bison, that I have tweaked to be healthier by using fresh mushrooms and 2% yogurt in place of sour cream (although I've not managed to find a substitute for the Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup other than using the Healthy Request version), which I serve over brown rice.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
      cwcdesign
      Participant

I tried 2 new recipes this week, one successful and one not. The unsuccessful one was for a one pot chicken fajita that my son found - quick and easy to find ingredients. Sadly, it was so bland that we had trouble doctoring it. We ended up with one of those flavorless dishes that had that kickback of heat

The successful one was for Roasted Cauliflower Sliders - slices of cauliflower roasted with olive oil, s&p, smoked paprika and thyme. Slider buns (I'm sorry to say I had to buy them, but I was pleasantly surprised by PF's Sweet & Soft slider buns), a layer of hummus, a layer of cauliflower, sprouts and a sauce made of yogurt and sriracha. We both enjoyed them a lot and will make them again

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.