Daily Quiz for May 19, 2019

Home Forums Followups to Daily Quizzes Daily Quiz for May 19, 2019

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Which of these is not a fortified wine?

[See the full post at: Daily Quiz for May 19, 2019]

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I don't know wines.Bonk or much about liquors.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I got it, but only because I googled "fortified wine" before answering.

Italiancook
          Participant

I don't drink wine and have never cooked with a fortified wine. The fact that I got the correct answer means I watch too many Food Network/Cooking Channel shows.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We don't drink either, though I do use wines and spirits for cooking. I probably only go through about 6 bottles of wine a year, though. I cook with marsala and sherry, but not port and I use brandy and vermouth for cooking, too. I've tried the vodka pie crust recipe, wasn't impressed with it. I've tried bourbon in a pecan pie, didn't think it added much.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I like a bit of sherry added to chicken or turkey soup and pot pie. That's the primary reason I keep it around, and it seems to last a long time. I use some wine in various recipes. I have used brandy and rum and Kahlua in dessert recipes, but since I stopped baking with much butter (would do more if people were around to help eat it), I've not baked any of those recipes.

My husband hates the taste of alcohol but does ok with it in recipes where it is a minor note. When it comes to drinking, I prefer coffee or tea.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by BakerAunt.
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.