Daily Quiz for August 28, 2019

Home Forums Followups to Daily Quizzes Daily Quiz for August 28, 2019

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

What percentage of Americans eat enough vegetables every day?

[See the full post at: Daily Quiz for August 28, 2019]

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I missed it--in spite of narrowing it down to two possibilities.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by BakerAunt.
        Joan Simpson
        Participant

Wow,I missed it too.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Well, munch on a carrot to console yourselves and raise your average. 🙂

BakerAunt
            Participant

I'm actually trying to work on incorporating more vegetables at meals--not always easy with a husband who thinks that one vegetable, along with a starch is fine. Of course, I have zucchini hidden in the dessert....

chocomouse
              Participant

Last year, I started putting chopped cauliflower into my tomato with meat sauce. It looks and tasted just like ground beef. When my children were young, I put whole carrots in meatloaf, laid lengthwise nestled among the meat. When sliced, there were pretty orange rounds, which they loved. I recall my husband telling me that his doctor once asked if he ate 8-9 (not sure of the exact numbers) vegetables a day. My husband answered, "Well, no." But later told the doctor "When my wife makes pasta salad, she puts a lot of vegetables in it."

RiversideLen
                Participant

I was optimistic and got it wrong. I once worked with a woman who thought that if you had a potato with dinner, that was vegetable enough. When you consider how many people eat out often, especially fast food, it's easy to understand why so many people don't get enough but I still thought the percentage would be higher. If I make a meatloaf, I often put shredded carrot in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.