Chocolava Cookies by Dachshundlady

Home Forums Recipes Chocolava Cookies by Dachshundlady

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Chocolava Cookies
      Submitted by dachshundlady on October 25, 2009 at 1:30 pm

From "Marty's World Famous Cookbook; Secrets from the Muskoka Cafe" given to me by a Canadian friend. This particular recipe was given to him by Julie van Rosendaal of "One Smart Cookie", a bakery in Calgary, Alberta. They were her best sellers. They are a very good, brownie-like cookie.

1 1/3 cups AP flour
      1 cup granulated sugar
      1/3 cup brown sugar
      1/2 cup cocoa (I use KA Double Dutch)
      1 teas baking POWDER
      1/4 teas salt
      1/4 cup butter, softened (I use salted)
      3 large egg whites or 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
      2 teas vanilla
      confect sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 350, spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray and put a few tablespoons of confect sugar in a shallow bowl for later.

In a large bowl or bowl of food processor, combine flour, sugars, cocoa, baking POWDER and salt, being careful to break up any lumps of brown sugar or cocoa. Add the butter and pulse or cut in butter with fork or fingers until well combined and crumbly.

Add the eggs and vanilla and stir by hand until the dough just comes together. Do not overmix. The dough will be fairly dry at first but keep stirring or use your fingers until it comes together.

Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls and roll in confect sugar until well coated. Place 2" apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes until just set around edges but still soft in middle. Transfer to wire rack to cool (I let them sit on sheet 2 minutes before I transfer them). ENJOY!

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by BakerAunt.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.