Chocolate Covered Mints by cwalde

Home Forums Recipes Chocolate Covered Mints by cwalde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Chocolate Covered Mints
      Submitted by cwalde on September 02, 2005 at 2:20 am

This recipe tastes so much like Junior Mints. It's really a treat that's so right for the Holidays. Over the years I have changed my process many times and this is my final combination. My friend that loves mints flipped over these and said that they look professional. The dipping process takes time but it's worth it since everyone will rave over these. Cheryl

1 # box powdered sugar
      1/4 c melted butter
      2 3/4 T warm water
      10 drops oil of peppermint
      6 oz. chocolate chips
      1/4-1/2 oz. paraffin wax

To powdered sugar add butter, warm water and oil of peppermint. Mix with mixer and then finally kneading with hands to get it smooth and creamy.

Roll out onto powdered sugared wax paper and cut with small cutter. A toothpick holder will do if you don't have a cutter small enough. At this point I like to put the patties in the freezer for about 45 minutes to firm up.

Melt 6 oz. chocolate chips with wax in double boiler and keep warm. Using a dipping fork or you can use a 2 pronged meat fork to place the patties in the chocolate and then flip over. Gently lift patties out of chocolate and tap excess chocolate off by hitting fork against side of pan. Slide patties on waxed paper. Let set. You may have to trim edges from some of the mints to make them look professional. Makes 55 mints or 5 dozen.

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.