Chocolate Cake My Version Of Kaf Friday Night Double Chocolate Cake by bocca

Home Forums Recipes Chocolate Cake My Version Of Kaf Friday Night Double Chocolate Cake by bocca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rottiedogs
    Participant

Chocolate Cake My Version Of Kaf Friday Night Double Chocolate Cake
      Submitted by bocca on January 26, 2005 at 11:47 pm

DESCRIPTION
      Chocolate Cake my version of KAF Friday night double chocolate cake

SUMMARY
      Yield 0 File under cakes

INSTRUCTIONS
      Barb's version:
      Friday Night
      Double Fudge Chocolate Cake
      This cake sticks because of the chocolate chips, grease well and take care. I have at times made it without the choc chips because of this.

Cake
      1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
      1 cup brown sugar
      1 cup vegetable oil
      2 large eggs
      2 teaspoons vanilla
      3/4 cup cocoa, sifted after measuring
      1 Tbsp black cocoa
      1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1/4 teaspoon salt
      3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
      2 cups brewed coffee (just warm)(or sub espresso pwd, 1 Tbsp for 2 cups very hot water)
      1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, or coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate

Topping
      1 cup (6 ounces) white chocolate chips, or coarsely chopped white chocolate
      Melt these with 1 Tbsp oil on low heat in the micro for 30 seconds at a time. The white choc can get lumpy if you are not careful so do not heat on high. The oil also helps keep it from getting lumpy.

Cake: Preheat your oven to 350?F. Generously grease a 10-inch bundt-style or tube pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the white and brown sugars, the oil, eggs, and vanilla, and beat at medium speed for 1 minute, until smooth. In a medium-sized bowl combine the cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and oil mixture alternately with the warm coffee, beating steadily to make a smooth, thin batter. Make sure the coffee/water is cooled before you mix this with the flour or it gets lumpy.
      Again this batter is thin.

Spoon the batter into the pan, and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Use a spoon or your fingers to barely submerge the chips in the batter; they'll sink and float at random, which is OK. Or leave the chips out, as the batter is so thin, they float to the bottom which then sticks.

Bake the cake for 60 to 72 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out dry and the top springs back when touched gently. Cool for about 10 minutes on a rack then invert onto a cake plate.

When you place the cake on its serving plate, drizzle the melted white chocolate on top.
      Very pretty and very yummy.
      If you want to have it look even more fancy, drizzle over top of the white chocolate, semi sweet choc chips (melted of course).

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.