Carrot Cake

Home Forums Baking — Desserts Carrot Cake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

The comic strip, Breaking Cat News, is about Carrot Cake today!

https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2022/07/10

I have not baked one in a long time. The discussions on the strip suggest people who like carrot cake have definite ideas what it should include. Mine does not include raisins or pineapple, but I do include walnuts.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

It's not true that it takes 30 carrots to make 2/3 cup of grated carrots, but it FEELS true. Actually it takes 2 carrots and 2 bandaids if you use a box grater.

These days I put carrots in the juicer (for making carrot vinegar) and use the pulp for carrot cake, freezing most of it. It's quite fine so the cake is smoother, though you still get most of the carrot crunch, just not as many carrot pieces stuck between your teeth.

I like raisins in carrot cake but not nuts.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I haven't baked one in along time also don't put raisins or pineapple and if I use pecans they go only in icing.

chocomouse
          Participant

I made a carrot cake about a month ago - love carrot cake, with or without pineapple, raisins, nuts. It's all about the carrots, and the cream cheese frosting takes it over the top!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Too often bakery carrot cake has coconut in it, which my wife cannot stand. (If I buy Almond Joy bars, I don't have to hide them.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.