Bob’s Red Mill and Free Shipping

Home Forums General Discussions Bob’s Red Mill and Free Shipping

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I had an e-mail from Bob's Red Mill today. They are now offering FREE shipping for any order over $50. One caveat: 25 pound bags of flour do not count. However, flours and grains bought by the case are covered, and the case price is a discount over the individual price, and I can do better with that than at the stores that carry it--or even at Big Lots on a special discount weekend. Local stores are also limited in what they carry. I like their brown rice, and I really like their old-fashioned oats.

They have some organic products. They also have some gluten-free. Their whole grain flours are more reasonably priced than KAF's, and I've had no issues with their whole wheat pastry or whole wheat flours. I also use their barley flour and prefer their dark rye over what KAF offers. They offer different grinds of corn meal, and the medium grind is nice if you want more texture than the finely ground. Aaron@thedoublef has spoken favorably of their bleached cake flour, and I have a bag that I'm going to try.

I can't say that I've been impressed with most of their recipes enough to try them, although the barley brownies I made from the back of one package were excellent. However, I have plenty of whole grain recipes that I do bake, and I've got a stack to try, so that's not a problem.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.