A couple of strawberry recipes dip and quick bread

Home Forums Threads Saved from the KAF Baking Circle A couple of strawberry recipes dip and quick bread

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rottiedogs
    Participant

A couple of strawberry recipes dip and quick bread
      swirth
      Been digging thru the over-flowing recipe drawer today and saw a couple of very tasty recipes using strawberries.
      ------------------
      Fruit Dip/Strawberry Dip
      I found this recipe many years ago in the local extension service column in our newspaper...it features strawberries, but it could easily use raspberries, blueberries, etc. It is from the Univ. of IL Extension Service...
      Strawberries are a great summertime treat. This dip recipe will have your grandkids asking for fruit instead of junk foods.
      Strawberry Dip
      1 (3oz) low-fat cream cheese, softened
      2 Tbsp. sugar
      1 (8oz) vanilla yogurt
      1/2 cup crushed fresh strawberries
      Blend cream cheese and sugar, beat in yogurt, and add crushed strawberries. Refrigerate until serving time.
      Serve with berries, fresh sliced fruit like bananas or apples, and grapes.
      ----------------------------
      Little Red Riding Hood Bread
      3 cups flour
      2 cups sugar
      2 tsp. cinnamon
      1 tsp. salt
      1 tsp.baking soda
      4 eggs
      1 1/4 cups oil
      (2) 10 oz. pkgs. strawberries, thawed
      1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
      Bake at 350F for one hour in loaf pans...2 pans plus 9 muffins.
      badge posted by: swirth on June 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm in General discussions
      tags: strawberries
      share on: Twitter, Facebook
      Subscribe to: This post
      REPLIES TO THIS DISCUSSION
      Save
      Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save" to activate your changes.
      reply by: swirth on June 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm
      swirth
      Here's another past thread with some good strawberry recipes.
      REPLY TO THIS COMMENT
      reply by: Mrs Cindy on June 14, 2012 at 10:12 pm
      Mrs Cindy
      Swirth, thank you so much! I think you read my mind. I always seem to have strawberries just on the edge of being a little too ripe. These two recipes are exactly what I've been looking for. My little sous chef is coming over tomorrow and this dip (with a little more sugar for her taste) will be right down her alley. Thanks! You've saved my bacon, one more time!
      ~Cindy

Spread the word
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.