What Interesting Food did You Cook the Week of May 8, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What Interesting Food did You Cook the Week of May 8, 2016?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Tuesday, I tried a new recipe: Three Sisters Soup, from the Penzey's catalog. I made a few changes. I like it, and have been eating soup for lunch all week. On Thursday, I made the Frico Caldo, which I wrote about on an earlier thread, to go with leftover hamburgers. Tonight I'm making salmon patties.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by BakerAunt.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Not a new recipe, but I made chicken mirepoix for supper tonight, and I think I hit on a good balance of herbs, some basil and some celery seed.

I use skinned bone-in breasts, because my wife won't eat chicken skin, so I've been experimenting with ways to keep the surface of the breasts from getting too dry. Tonight I tried covering the breasts with cabbage leaves (or as my wife put it--edible cellophane.) I'm not sure if they added much flavor, and they dried out too much to be eaten, but they did seem to keep the breasts themselves from drying out. I'll have to try that again.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I made these stuffed peppers
          http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/lightened-up-greek-style-stuffed-peppers/
          only I used vegetarian crumbles instead of ground turkey because I don't like ground turkey. They were really good and I liked her method of cooking peppers. The peppers came out perfectly. Often they are too watery or too crunchy. I might try them with ground lamb sometime.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.