What are You Cooking the Week of June 18, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of June 18, 2017?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    luvpyrpom
    Participant

I had read someone had posted here how to cook cubed steak. I remember my father making years and years ago and just haven't been able to replicate it again. Then I read the post here and have been happily making them occassionally. This week I made a big batch and cheated a little bit by adding a can of Campbells French Onion soup to help braise them in the oven.

Also made a batch of "Chinese Spaghetti" - it's an Asian style pork sauce that's served over noodles. Another dish that my mother had made when we were younger. We kept asking our father what the dish was called and out of frustration his answer was "Chinese Spaghetti". And it stuck among our family. It's basically ground pork, shittake mushrooms, Asian pickled vegetable, chicken broth, and oyster sauce. My sister-in-law adds shredded carrots in her version.

We also tried the Korean BBQ Beef ribs that's sold at Costco. I like the sauce and saved it to serve with pan fried tofu steaks.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I'm making a pork roast today, the kind with the rib bones attached. Seasoned with a little salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.