What are you cooking the week of April 23, 2017

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of April 23, 2017

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Here's our weekly cooking thread. Not much exciting here, I made steak and sauteed mushrooms for supper, and a salad.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

I made pork tenderloin from a "Saveur" recipe that called for two grapefruits. I only used 1 grapefruit and squeezed the juice remaining after I supremed the fruit. I marinated the pork for a few hours. I only baked the tenderloin for 25 minutes and I reduced marinade to make a sauce. It was deeelicious.
        If you are interested just look up pork tenderloin and grapefruit and recipe should come up.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For Wednesday dinner, I combined leftover roast chicken with sautéed vegetables, drippings from the chicken, and buckwheat noodles. I added a few shakes of fish sauce.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by BakerAunt.
          cwcdesign
          Participant

I'm now looking for low carb recipes all the time and I saw a recipe on food and wine for low carb bell pepper nachos. I love nachos so I had to try them, but I figured they weren't going to be great. I was wrong. They may not have been nachos, but they were delicious and had lots of flavor. They were even good cold.

I also made my white bean rosemary dip to take to a dinner party

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

A net search on 'bell pepper nachos' produces a number of hits, but none to food & wine. Is that recipe behind a paywall or can you post a link to it?

cwcdesign
              Participant

So it was actually on delish.com. For some reason I thought that was Food & Wine's blog, but delish is Hearst and F&W is Time. They all seem to run together now.

Anyway, here is the link. I just put all the peppers on a ½ sheet pan instead of 2 small pans. And I didn't stack the peppers. Only thing I would definitely do next time is make my wedges bigger - maybe cut the peppers in sixths.

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipes/a52650/bell-pepper-nachos-recipe/

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

The weather here has turned quite cool, temps in the 40's and rainy, so I made a cheese souffle for supper tonight and we're planning on a pot roast for tomorrow.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

My older stepson arrived this evening to visit for the week. For Saturday dinner, I needed something flexible, since we were not sure of the time, so I made Sloppy Josephines.

Bronx
                    Participant

London Broil was on sale this week so I bought a 3 1/2 pounder. Marinading it all day in an olive oil, apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, celery and ground mustard mixture and will put it in the broiler this afternoon.

Bronx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.