What are You Baking the Week of September 15. 2019?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of September 15. 2019?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Mike that dessert your Mom made sounds good.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I don't have a recipe for it, it may have been something she found on a box of Dream Whip.

I did find one recipe that sounds close online: Chocolate Dream, but I don't specifically remember her putting eggs in it. (The picture is terribly out of focus.) I remember it'd fill two 9 x 13 pans and we'd finish it off in a day or two, but there were six of us kids.

skeptic7
        Participant

Baker Aunt;
          Why are you putting dry milk in most of your bread recipes? What do you hope to get out of it?
          I put 1-2 tablespoons of potato flour in most of my yeast breads in the hopes of increasing its ability to stay moist. I use milk in most of my bread recipes but that is mainly to use up the milk before it goes sour.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Hi, Skeptic--I'm doing it for health reasons. I have been told by the doctor that I need 1200 mg of calcium per day. While I agreed to take 300mg as a supplement, along with 2000mg of Vitamin D, current guidelines state that it is best to get as much calcium as possible from food rather than supplements. I said no to an additional 300 in supplements and said I would make sure that I got it in my diet.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by BakerAunt.
            BakerAunt
            Participant

I put my post in the wrong week, so I've deleted it.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.