What are You Baking the Week of October 15, 2017?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of October 15, 2017?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

It was recommended to buy trail mix as emergency food pre-hurricane. Since it was on sale I bought 2 large bags, one being tropical fruit mix. Recently, I went looking for recipes to use it up. KAF has a recipe for a tropical fruit cake that I wanttotry, but I don't know what you can sub for coconut flour.

The other recipe I found was for Rum-soaked Tropical Fruit Oatmeal cookies which I made today having soaked the fruit over night. They are OK, but we're going to wait til tomorrow to see if they age well overnight. It may be the fruit mix - Will likes the cookie base - I think it's a little too sweet. Will report back tomorrow.

They tasted better after mellowing, but I think I will find another oatmeal cookie and different tropical fruit mix. I did take more than half of them to work and my younger coworkers enjoyed them, those who don't drink alcohol didn't - no surprise there.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by cwcdesign.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Saturday evening, I baked the KAF Maple Pumpkin Rolls. The recipe works well kneaded in a bread machine. This is the second time I have baked this recipe, so this time I know that for the filling it is best to beat together the cream cheese and maple sugar BEFORE beating in the egg, extract, and flour. We will have them for breakfast tomorrow and into the week. I keep plenty of pumpkin puree frozen for use throughout the year, but I particularly like pumpkin and spice in the fall.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.