What are You Baking the Week of January 16, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of January 16, 2022?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Saturday, I baked the Spiced Pumpkin Bread from Stanley Ginsberg’s Rye Baker blog. The recipe is one of my bread favorites. My only ingredient change is to use active rather than instant yeast. For mixing, I use the bread machine, as the dough amount is too small for my large stand mixer, and I let the dough rise in a dough bucket. He recommends fresh pumpkin, as do I. Usually I use a pie pumpkin, but this time, I used puree from the fairy tale pumpkin I roasted a few weeks ago. That French variety might be closer to what is used in Germany, and its texture is denser. I added 1 Tbs. of whole wheat flour to the dough as it was kneading. While the dough was sticky, I was able to work with it after the first rise, and it held its shape nicely for the short, 20-minute rise. It baked into a beautiful loaf with a good rise. I look forward to slicing it tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had taken a crust from the freezer yesterday so tonight I made a pumpkin pie at my husbands request.It turned out well.Recipe from KAF.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.