What are you Baking the Week of April 17, 2022?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of April 17, 2022?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I need to make semolina bread soon, not sure what else.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

On Wednesday, I baked my Whole Wheat Sourdough Cheese Crackers from dough that I made last week.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I made semolina bread today. Every day is a new adventure, today the sesame seeds didn't stick to the dough as well as they usually do; I don't think I did anything different from last time, though.

chocomouse
          Participant

This morning I made bagels.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I baked Pecan, Orange, and Cranberry Muffins on Saturday morning. I adapted the recipe from the little baking book, Muffin Magic.” My version uses buttermilk (but I used leftover kefir this time), with adjustment of baking powder and baking soda, and this time I used all whole wheat flour. I still have some wonderful Cara Cara oranges, so I used the zest and juice instead of the Fiori di Sicilia I substituted last time. I made six large rather than twelve small muffins. I will freeze most of these for fast breakfasts.

chocomouse
              Participant

BakerAunt, those muffins sound wonderful. I freely swap between buttermilk, sour cream, and yogurt in my muffins, using whatever I have an excess of in the refrigerator or that needs to be used up. I just bought a huge bag of oranges to feed the Baltimore Orioles that will soon arrive here for the summer, and I regret that after they have cleaned out the pulp, I have to compost the peels instead of using them for zest or candied peel. I'm going to try zesting some before I put them out on the deck.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm making Moomies buns (slider size) for supper tonight, it's 80 and I'm going to use the grill for burgers.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I used the Apricot Oatmeal Bars recipe here at Nebraska Kitchen to bake Seedless Blackberry Jam Bars on Saturday. I replace the flour with white whole wheat flour and reduce the brown sugar a tad from 2/3 to 1/2 cup, and cut the salt from 1/4 to 1/8 tsp. The blackberry jam is from a batch I made in late summer of 2020--a year we all remember too well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.