Vanilla Sale at KAF?

Home Forums General Discussions Vanilla Sale at KAF?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

King Arthur Flour has announced $20 off two 16 oz. bottles of vanilla. The sale price is $159.90.

I'm glad that I still have my stock-up supply from before the steep rise in vanilla prices due to weather and environmental conditions. When we were in Michigan City, a couple of weeks ago, I was in T.J. Maxx and saw a 4 oz. bottle of Nielsen-Massey vanilla for $11,99 (expiration date July 2022). "Isn't that expensive," asked my husband, who had tagged along. I smiled.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The last time I checked, Sams has McCormick vanilla, 8 ounce bottle, for just under $20. I haven't been to Costco lately, their prices are usually similar though often slightly higher than Sams.

Vanilla prices are slowly coming down but food price experts don't think they'll ever get back to the levels we saw 3-4 years ago. I've seen several chefs and food writers talking about what items need real vanilla and what ones are OK with artificial vanilla, which remains fairly cheap.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

My Costco has 16 oz bottle for a bit under $30.

skeptic7
          Participant

I have been leaving vanilla out of pumpkin baked goods as cinnamon ginger allspice etc would overpower any vanilla flavor.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I remember buying a quart of vanilla from KAF about 5 years ago for about $40. I miss those days.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I remember doing that also, Len. I would save small bottles and decant into those for everyday use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.