Penzey’s closed in Florida

Home Forums General Discussions Penzey’s closed in Florida

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    navlys
    Participant

BA I don't think you made it to Penzey's when you traveled to Florida and now you never will. One of the highlights of going to Sarasota for me was visiting Penzey's and I just found out it closed!!! None in Florida at all. BooHoo!!

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The nearest Penzey's is in Omaha, and I think I've been there only once. I've probably been to the one in the Strip District in Pittsburgh more than that. I"m not into pre-made spice blends and that seems to be a large part of Penzey's inventory these days.

I don't know if Lincoln is quite big enough to support a Penzey's. There's a new spice shop on this side of town that I haven't visited yet, they also do knife sharpening, which interests me. (I have been sharpening my own knives, I've got whetstones in 400/1000 and 3000/8000 grit levels, but I have some scissors that need sharpening.)

BakerAunt
        Participant

Enjoy your time in Florida, Navlys. We're not going this year.

I never got to that Penzey's, as it was not close to where we traveled or stayed, but I still dream of getting to a real Penzey's. Until then, there is always mail order, and I have gift cards to use.

With their pre-made blends, I found that the Tuscan Sunset is one my husband is able to eat--unlike the spices I would use for my spaghetti sauce--so that one I do buy. Curiously, he and his daughter do not do well with the "frozen pizza" blend, which I don't buy but was in some gift boxes I received, so I have to eat it up by myself. I also got hooked on the Greek Seasoning and the Sunny Paris, like Chocomouse, when those were included in a gift box. And I like the Bouquet Garni and the Herbs Provance.

Otherwise, I stick to single spices.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by BakerAunt.
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Looks like the closest one to you is in Indianapolis, which is probably also where the closest Gordon Food Services is.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Actually, there is a Gordon Food Services in South Bend, although it seemed limited in what it carries.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I've been to several GFS, there is some variance in what they carry. The first one I ever went to was in Indianapolis, when I was there for a chess meeting. Their fresh meats section was excellent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.