Los Angeles, CA fires

Home Forums Member News Los Angeles, CA fires

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

Does anyone here visit with frick from the BakingCircle? Their house is in the city and tonight's news says the fire has spread into the city. Residents were being told to prepare for evacuations soon if necessary.

Spread the word
      rottiedogs
      Participant

Frick is ok. She gave permission to post so below is part of her email to me.

As for the fires, they were VERY close to our community, and some friends were in serious jeopardy. It was within walking distance from our house. We had a little break in the weather and a massive effort by all in the firefighting community kept damage to just the mountain areas. The tragic thing is the Verdugo Mountains are the largest natural habitat park in the United States which is entirely surrounded by city. The loss of wildlife must be horrendous -- mountain lion families, bears, deer, and untold birds and other wildlife. No matter which way they ran, there was little escape. Please feel free to share or forward this. I'm sorry to say my summer has been out of control and I've not been in touch with everyone, to my regret.

Missing everyone,

Thanks, Nina

S_Wirth
        Participant

Thanks so much for letting us know about Nina's safety, rottiedogs.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Please let Frick know that we miss her.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.