KABC’s Rewards Plus Program

Home Forums Member News KABC’s Rewards Plus Program

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Has anyone received notice that the Rewards (the free one, not the Rewards Plus) program has ended? I don't recall seeing anything about it until I got an email yesterday. And -- my points are gone! It was a nice perk, as those of us who don't shop online with shipping seem to have only two times a year that we get 20% off on retail store purchases, December and April. I've been communicating with "Joe" about this - he's been great about responding, answering my questions and clarifying. His main point has been that we are given a discount at the register. Well, I've not gotten a discount at the register, but I will be looking for one when I shop there next. I'm planning to go in next week or so, for pumpernickel and lemon juice powder, plus anything else I forgot that I need, ah, er, um, want!

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I haven't ordered from King Arthur's store in several years. I did recent buy a container of King Arthur diastatic malt powder, but I bought it through Amazon. I may need high heat-treated milk powder soon, not sure if I have more of it in the freezer, but I'll probably order it from some other supplier.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I know the points do expire. I had a message to that effect and put in an order to use 200 of them.

I had a message about renewing the KABC membership, which is usually automatic, and another that says members will receive double points if they place two $60 orders within a certain time frame, which I think is a month. The problem is that KABC carries less and less of what I need at reasonable prices. I can get better deals on BRM whole wheat flour and artisan bread flour, which I prefer. The only flours I buy from KABC are white whole wheat, pumpernickel, and medium rye. I pay less for King Arthur AP in the store than online.

I still need their special dry milk and cheese powder. Occasionally, I need the espresso powder.

I wish that they would offer some additional baking pans and tools, such as 10x10 USA pans or 11x11 ones.

I will go back and see what the emails I received from KABC say.

chocomouse
          Participant

I just received this message from KABC:

"Currently we offer two ways to get extra rewards, one based at our brick and mortar store here in Vermont, and one for online shoppers. Here are some helpful details on our in-store benefits.

Baker's Rewards: in Person purchases
            Members shopping in our Norwich, Vermont Baker's Store and Café automatically receive:\
            5% off purchases of $99.99 and under
            10% off purchases of $100 and over.
            This discount applies to every purchase with the exclusion of gift cards, Baker's Rewards Plus memberships, and Baking School classes."

This is the first I've heard of the change, but it is fine with me. I did use all my points (except the 5 I had earned at the time they made the change). I also got the notice about making two purchases within 60 days to earn double points, which is how I learned the point system was gone! However, that deal does not apply to in-store purchases!!!

I don't buy much there any more - my two 50 lb bags of Galahad and Lancelot each year, plus pumpernickel, rye, Harvest Grains, Super 10 and the lemon juice powder, which are regulars in my pantry. Of course, when I shop in the store, I always do a walk-about, and seem to always find something new and different to try. I also stock up on the standard flours when local grocery stores sell them for around $4 for 5 lbs, usually in Nov-Dec.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.