I’m back!

Home Forums Member News I’m back!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Just got home today after a week with my sister.Had a wonderful time celebrating her Birthday with her and her family.The molasses raisin bread turned out great.We stayed close to home most days except for a doctors appointment she had which was OK.We played cards everyday and sat up late and just talked and remembered times past.My sister is 13 years older than me so she was like a second mother to me.There has never been a time in my life that we were at odds with each other.

My cousin came while I was there and brought fresh tomatoes,peaches,blackberries and figs.Yesterday we made fig jam and it turned out awesome.We only had a small amount of figs but we got about 2 pints.My sister had never made fig jam so she was happy to see how to do that.

I just got caught up reading all y'alls posts and hope you each had a good week and enjoyed the 4th.Glad to be back home and get things back to normal here.My husband missed me!He said he was tired of eating out and couldn't imagine if he had to do that everyday!The cost and the fact that most wasn't good.He ate some sandwiches and cereal but said that got old quick.He's different than me I love a sandwich -remember he doesn't like bread.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Welcome back, Joan! One of my sisters is thirteen years younger than I, so I understand that family dynamic. That fig jam sounds scrumptious. It's too bad we can't get a "Smell" and "Taste" button at Nebraska Kitchen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.