Hostess recalls products due to peanut residue in flour

Home Forums General Discussions Hostess recalls products due to peanut residue in flour

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Hostess has recalled a number of products, including Ding Dongs and donettes, due to wheat flour from a supplier that may have had been contaminated with peanut residue.

See http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/06/hostess-issues-massive-recall-for-allergy-concerns/21390202/

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I'm so glad that I bake my own treats. In my grad school days, however, I would occasionally treat myself to those little donuts--either the powdered sugar or the crumb ones. I would be good and only eat two or three at a time.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I'm a Ho Ho's addict, but I only buy them when they're on sale, and try to limit myself to one a day when I have them in the pantry--I could eat a box of 10 of them!

I've tried making my own swiss rolls, what a mess!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
          luvpyrpom
          Participant

I haven't bought any of their products in years. My favorite has always been the Twinkie especially the Tiger Stiped ones. Don't see that one very often anymore.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I haven't seen Tiger Tails since the 80's. They had raspberry stripes on them and coconut, as I recall.

One of the recalled products is Chocodiles, chocolate coated Twinkies. I don't think I've ever seen one.

The original Twinkies were filled with a banana cream. I think they did try bringing those back after the Hostess sale, but I didn't try one.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
              cwcdesign
              Participant

Of the Hostess products, I always liked Twinkies and Snowballs - you could peel the coconut/marshmallow covering (I don't dare call it frosting) off. I preferred Drake's Yodels to HoHos. But I don't think any of them taste the way they used to, so it's easy to pass them by.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.