HI…It\‘s me…WONKY…

Home Forums General Discussions HI…It\‘s me…WONKY…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wonky
    Participant

I know it has been a long time since I have been here, but just got a call from Kid Pizza, letting me know about Mrs. Cindy, and thought this might be a good time to reconnect. I guess life has just gotten in the way, but I will try to come here and stay connected.

I was telling Kid, that I have created my own bread recipe, which has really been a trial and error experience. I have shared the bread with family and friends, and have gotten rave reviews. I hope to improve on it yet, but I am pretty proud of it. I still have yet to name it. I will share the recipe here in time if anyone would like to try it. However, I will not be responsible for failures LOL. I will however be open to constructive criticism, ideas and suggestions.

Wonky...

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Welcome back, Wonky.

I've created a few bread recipes, it can be both a challenging and frustrating process. I look forward to seeing your creation.

There's an interesting article in the latest issue of "Bread Lines", the newsletter of the Bread Baker's Guild of America. A BBGA member was asked to serve as one of the judges in a bread contest. The rules of the contest said that the recipe must be new, original and unpublished. This tended to rule out any lean dough breads, since there really isn't much that can be said to be new or original about a mixture of flour, water, salt and yeast.

As a result, all of the breads were enriched, most laden with fruits, cheese, nuts and other add-ins. The author thought most of the breads were both underdeveloped and underbaked, and thought that the rules tended to favor long lists of ingredients over the baker's skills in developing a good loaf.

The author's choice for the winner was one of the breads that wasn't still largely raw dough.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Good to hear from you Wonky and looking forward to your bread recipe.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Welcome back Wonky! You have been missed.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Welcome back Wonky! I hope your family is doing well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.