American Masters Featuring Chefs

Home Forums General Discussions American Masters Featuring Chefs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Last Friday evening, I stumbled upon a documentary on PBS from American Masters on James Beard. It was followed by one on Julia Child, which I also watched. I just found out that this Friday, there will be one featuring Jacques Pepin. My PBS station does a poor job of letting us know what the schedule is, so in case yours is equally disorganized, I wanted to mention it.

Spread the word
      NancyG
      Participant

The schedule for Boston area PBS (WBGH) shows the Great British Baking show season 4 starting June 16. I know they are out of sync with the seasons in GB, but it might be one we haven't seen in the states.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by NancyG.
        Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

The episodes of American Masters on great chefs were made and originally shown some years ago, the Julia Child episode first aired in 2005, I believe. I probably haven't seen all the ones on chefs, I'll have to watch for them on our local PBS station.

I watched the first several seasons of GBBO on YouTube, but they've gotten stricter about uploading copyrighted material and I haven't been able to watch more recent years on YouTube. There are other ways to watch BBC material via the Internet, in general a direct connection to the BBC archive server from the USA won't work.

According to the Wikipedia on GBBO, season 4 was in 2013. SPOILER ALERT: The Wikipedia page shows who won each season.

There were 7 seasons of GBBO on BBC, season 8 will be broadcast later this year and will be the first season on the Great Britain commercial channel, Channel 4, with new hosts Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig, replacing Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins, and new judge Prue Leith, replacing Mary Berry. Paul Hollywood remains the other judge.

BakerAunt
          Participant

My PBS channel tends to show some material much later than in other markets, or maybe I just missed these the first time around. From what I can gather, I get to see one show on Jacques Pepin and one on Alice Waters on Friday.

BakerAunt
            Participant
              navlys
              Participant

Maybe I don't like change but I am going to miss Mary and the other 2 women. At least hunky Paul Hollywood will still be on the show.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.