What are You Cooking the Week of April 30, 2017

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of April 30, 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

My husband is cooking pork chops, macaroni and cheese (made with the KAF cheese powder) and broccoli for dinner tonight. It's a good dinner for the cold, windy weather we have had this weekend.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Sunday I made Lima bean soup out of leftover lima beans.Today I cooked buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and pork tenderloin,mac-n-cheese,and pole beans for supper.

BakerAunt
        Participant

On Monday, I cooked a combination of brown and black rice in chicken stock in the rice cooker to go with roast chicken. On Wednesday, I cut up leftover pork and combined it with sautéed vegetables (red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and the saved drippings from the pork. I mixed it with mushroom fettucine, some of the pasta water, and added sliced green onions before serving. On Thursday, I made broth from the bones from two turkeys and two chickens. I also roasted a butternut squash and pureed it. I'll use the puree in soup tomorrow with some of the broth.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I made a chicken dish last night, for lack of anything better I'd call it chicken ragout.

First I sauteed onions, red peppers, pimentos, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomato sauce and some pea pods in butter and a little white wine, added salt, pepper, sage and celery seed and poured it over top of chicken breasts cut into fairly large pieces, covered it with aluminum foil and baked it in the oven for about an hour.

Makes great leftovers, and the sauce is great with my freshly baked bread.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Mike Nolan.
            cwcdesign
            Participant

On Sunday or Monday I made the chicken sausage and sweet potato sheet pan dinner and then on Thursday our favorite sheet pan Fajitas a day early for Cinco de Mayo. Last night I tried the slow cooker chicken lo mein in my new slow cooker. We've decided we really don't like it and don't want to bother to fix it. I do need to figure out adjusting the cooking times since it cooks hotter. One article suggested cooking water for a period of time and then measuring the temp to see how much hotter it is than the temp it's supposed to be after that time (I think it's 6 hours on low to reach 185)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.