Sharing on the Baking Circle

Home Forums General Discussions Sharing on the Baking Circle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Janiebakes
    Participant

Baker Aunt mentioned the sharing of recipes and the aid we all gave to help people find old favorite recipes in her post of a recipe for Original Crunchy Nut Bars. I was amazed a few months ago to see a recipe I posted about beigli mentioned in a KQED story about making a vegan version of beigli. My sister told me of looking for a Hungarian almond cookie recipe like our mother's on line and finding our mom's own recipe in my recipe file on the baking circle. A wonderful lady called Laura (who lived in Virginia at the time) and I worked with someone to get the right propotion of rice flour in a Vietnamese baguette recipe. If you googled "Vietnamese baguette" there was only one recipe that came up due to the many five star reviews it received. Most of the reviews were along the line of ' Sounds great, can't wait to try it" so were less than helpful. I don't remember where the lady asking for help lived but it was a long way from Virginia and Ohio. I pictured a big triangle of bakers working together and it felt good.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

That sounds like Laura Four Paws? I think that she also posted under another name.

Yes, we had lots of flour power in those days.

Janiebakes
        Participant

Good memory BA. She posted as Laura when she lived in VIrginia. We didn't hear from her for a bit because of family issues. Later she was taking care of her mother in Florida and posted as Four Paws.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Laura also posted as Bettina. Some of her recipes are posted here under that name.

rottiedogs
            Participant

The Vietnamese Baguette recipe is posted here. I think it is under Bettina. There are also recipes under 4paws2go. I don't think we got anywhere near all of her recipes off the old BC. I posted everything I saved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.