Request from Gina Giannini

Home Forums General Discussions Request from Gina Giannini

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NancyG
    Participant

Gina posted this request in the Facebook baking group formed after KAF disbanded the Baking Circle:

Does anyone here still happen to have a copy of my vegetable broth recipe?
      Years ago, I mailed it to a few people on the BC an while I make it often, that written recipe took me forever to write, because I don't use measuring devices. I had to make the soup and measure everything out in order to "translate" it onto paper. lol

I have friends in another group who want my family recipe for minestrone and I need those measurements.
      If any of you are in Mike Nolan's group, can I trouble you to also ask over there? I figure the larger I cast the net, the better!

Thanks a million

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

It doesn't appear to be in the archives here. I make my own beef and chicken stocks frequently, I haven't made a vegetable stock yet.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I, too, searched the Nebraska Kitchen site, and I concur with Mike's assessment that the recipe is not here.

NancyG
          Participant

Thanks for checking. I think Gina was a hoping someone who participates here might have saved it for themselves. I know she appreciates your efforts checking.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I don't think I was one of the recipients. Pity, I could use a good vegetable stock recipe.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had a discussion on vegetable stock once, but no recipe came out of it or was mentioned. Sigh.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I saw one recipe that said something like: throw whatever vegetables you have in a pot, but not root starches like potatoes.

She doesn't remember who she sent it do, does she?

I've got a book on stocks, broths and soups, I think has several classes of vegetable stocks, one major factor being whether or not there is tomato present. (That produces a dark stock, most other vegetables produce more of a white or clear stock.)

I've got celery, onion and carrot pulp in the freezer from my vinegar trials (the onion one was a failure), I plan to use them to make a stock when cooler weather is reliably here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.