Request for comments on Ankarsrum mixers

Home Forums General Discussions Request for comments on Ankarsrum mixers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

This comes from a BBGA member who is working on an article for Epicurious. If you've got one of these mixers and want to respond, his contact information should be below.

I’m writing a story for Epicurious about the Ank and who it is best suited for, and I’d love to hear from others here who have had experience with it. (I know there are at least a few.) I’m especially interested in:

1) Which dough mixing tools work best for which types or amounts of doughs. (I’ve personally found the hook to work for everything, and haven’t really used the roller much).

2) Whether there are doughs or mixing techniques that DON’T work in an Ank. (Adding liquids or butter to an already mixed doughs is a challenge, but this is true for most planetary mixers too.)

3) Whether anyone has had good or bad experiences doing all the sorts of other things a mixer is meant for: whipping eggs, cream, mixing cookie dough, cake batters, etc.

4) Any other tips, advice, or complaints people want to share.

If you’d like to contribute, please email me offline & thanks in advance!

- Andrew

––
      Andrew Janjigian
      Boulanger Management Counselor
      wordloaf.substack.com
      http://www.airsubs.com/pros/wordloaf
      twitter/instagram: @wordloaf
      ajanjigian@wordloaf.org
      [he/him/his]

Spread the word
      skeptic7
      Participant

I'd like to read that article. I have long been fascinated by that mixer but its too expensive and too specialized to be anything more than a daydream.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Its on my list of candidates should my nearly 50 year old KA finally bite the dust, but, yeah, it isn't cheap.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.